0.4.2 (08-06-2018) Rename of modules and usability improvements¶
- Renamed and reorganized few of the modules
- Parsing methods are now class methods: read, from_srt and from_sbv
- Improved usability with the addition of shortcuts to avoid instantiating the classes so we can do:
webvtt.read(‘captions.vtt’) # this will return a WebVTT instance
0.4.1 (24-12-2017) Hot fix on cue identifiers¶
- Support for saving cue identifiers
0.4.0 (18-09-2017) Refactor and parse compatibility¶
The main goal of this release is a refactor of the WebVTT parser to be able to parse easier and give support to new features of the format.
- Support for cue identifiers
- Support for parsing WebVTT captions with comments
- Support for parsing WebVTT captions with Style blocks
- Support for BOM in caption files
- Added method to write the captions to an opened file
- Convert WebVTT to SRT format
- Ignore empty captions in SRT format
- Refactored WebVTT parser
0.3.2 (11-08-2017) Hot fix for compatibility¶
The goal of this release if to allow the WebVTT parser to be able to read caption files that contain metadata headers that extend to more than one line.
0.3.1 (08-08-2017) Compatibility updates¶
- Made hours in WebVTT parser optional as per specs.
- Added support to parse WebVTT files that contain metadata headers.
0.3.0 (02-06-2016) YouTube SBV¶
- Added support for YouTube SBV captions.
- Added easy iteration to WebVTT class.
- New CLI command for segmenting captions for HLS.
- Improved parsers to reuse functionality.
- Added an exception for invalid timestamps in captions.
- Added an exception when saving without a filename.
0.2.0 (23-05-2016) Module refactor¶
- Refactor of the main module and parsers.
0.1.0 (20-05-2016) First release¶
This module is released with the following initial features:
- Read/Edit/Write WebVTT captions.
- Read SRT captions and convert to WebVTT.
- Segment WebVTT files for captioning HLS video.